I joined Jenny Hansson on KOIN AM Extra to share this delicious recipe for a Low Carb Creamy Cauliflower Fauxtato Salad. Cauliflower is a great low carb substitute for potatoes in this twist on the classic creamy potato salad. High in fiber, this salad gives low carb lovers another option to enjoy at a BBQ or picnic. The cauliflower florets are baked in the oven until tender and develop a delicious roasted flavor which is a nice alternative to bland boiled potatoes. Watch the segment and the full recipe is below.
- 2 large heads of cauliflower chopped into florets (6 cups)
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 3/4 cup celery finely chopped (you can add as much as you would like)
- 1/4cup red onion finely diced
- 3tbsp chives finely chopped
- 3tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic seasoning
- 1.5 cups of Avocado Oil Mayo from Primal Kitchen
- ¼ cup chopped pickles/relish
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 5 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the head of cauliflower into florets and place on a baking sheet or parchment paper. Drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil or avocado oil, sprinkle garlic seasoning, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and slightly golden in color.
- Make the dressing in a separate bowl by combining the Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo, pickles, and Dijon mustard, and whisk together.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, remove from the oven and allow to cool before transferring to a salad bowl.
- Combine roasted cauliflower with the dressing and toss.
- Pour red onion, celery, some chives, and parsley into the salad bowl. Mix well.
- Serves 8. One cup is a 1:1:1 Portion
- Sprinkle chives and parsley on top. Enjoy!
For more recipes, follow Rania on Instagram!