This quinoa power bowl packs in as much color as it does flavor! Vegan, plant powered, high in fiber, and antioxidants, this salad is made with simple ingredients plus a delicious homemade pomegranate vinaigrette (recipe below). The pomegranate juice boosts your antioxidant intake, and also gives the vinaigrette a sweet and savory flavor profile that pairs so nicely with the apples and Brussels. Serves 6.
- 3 cups of kale
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 5 cups of apples, chopped
- 5 cups of roasted Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup of watermelon radish, chopped
- ¼ cup of golden raisins
- ¼ cup sesame honey cashews (or any nut/seed)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
Combine ingredients into a mason jar. Shake well before serving.
- In a bowl, add the kale. Dress with the pomegranate vinaigrette. Toss.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and toss in between.