This recipe is a twist on the classic banana bread as it made with chickpea flour which also makes this dessert gluten-free. Chickpea flour bumps up the protein and fiber, which is a plus when you are eating a sweet treat.
Another ingredient that bumps up the fiber in this yummy banana bread is zucchini. I love using zucchini in baked goods as it acts similar to ingredients like bananas or applesauce. It adds texture and moistness to baked goods and can also help to bulk up baked good. It’s mild flavor pairs beautifully with everything from cinnamon to chocolate chips. With no added sugar, this is a delicious 1:1:1 snack or dessert.
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini (about 2 small zucchini)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups of chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8×5-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Thoroughly squeeze the shredded zucchini with a paper towel to remove excess water
- In a bowl, beat the mashed banana. Sprinkle the cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
- Add flour and fold in the zucchini and dark chocolate chips.
- Scrap the batter into the prepared pan and s the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Use a thin sharp knife inserted into the center to test if batter is prepared. You will know if it comes out clean two tests in a row.
- Once the bread is baked, place the pan on a wire rack and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!