Turn your Greek Salad into a main meal by adding orzo! In this dish, the protein is the feta, the Kalamata olives are the fat, and the orzo is the carbohydrate. Tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions add nutrients and flavor making this a colorful and delicious meal! This recipe is so versatile- you can easily prepare this with pasta or wild rice instead of the orzo.
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Lemon, Juiced
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces, weight Orzo Pasta, Cooked, Drained, And Cooled
- 1 cup Red Grape Or Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 Persian Cucumbers, halved and sliced. You can also use English Cucumbers.
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives, Halved
- 8 ounces feta, cubed
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, sliced an diced
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Parsley
- In a jar or bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper until totally combined.
- Place the orzo and all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour the dressing over the top. Stir to combine, taste and adjust seasonings, and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
This is a complete 1:1:1 Meal. If you are on Accelerated 1:1:1, this dish is perfect for lunch.