So great to be back in studio with Emily Burris and Travis Teich on KOIN AM Extra! I shared one of my favorite recipes from my book for an 18- Carrot Gold Salad. This recipe is a twist on the classic coleslaw and potato salad, combined! Perfect as a side dish with any protein, this salad is sure to satisfy. The roasted potatoes add heartiness to this salad which is dressed with Greek Yogurt and avocado oil mayo. Using Greek yogurt helps lower the fat and bumps up the creaminess. Red and green cabbage are complimented by the colorful carrots, giving you a full spectrum of anti-oxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Topped with brain boosting walnuts and chives, you can enjoy this salad any time of year.
• 1.5-pound bag of roasted baby yellow potatoes
• 1/2 cup of red cabbage, chopped
• ½ cup of green cabbage, chopped
• ½ cup chopped carrots
• ¾ cup low-fat Greek Yogurt
• ¼ cup avocado oil Mayo
• 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
• 2 tbsp. chives
• 2 tbsp. avocado oil
• 1/3 cup yellow curry sauce
• TJ’s Everything but the bagel-to taste
• Salt & pepper- to taste
• 2 tsp. curry spice
1. Heat oven to 375°F
2. Rinse the potatoes under water & pat dry with a paper towel.
3. Chop potatoes to desired size. Spray a baking sheet with avocado oil spray. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil, sea salt, and Everything but the Bagel Seasoning. Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes
4. Once the potatoes have cooled, place them in a medium sized bowl.
5. Combine the Greek Yogurt with avocado oil may. Mix. Add in the yellow curry sauce, and mix until dressing is slightly golden in color.
6. Combine the cabbage & carrots. Toss ingredients together gently.
7. Top with walnuts & chives when ready to serve
Makes 5 servings. Salad can keep in the fridge for 2 days.