The ABC’s are avocado, black beans, and cilantro—a combo that will satisfy vegetarians and meat eaters alike! With the creamy avocado as your fat, you won’t miss the cheese or sour cream.
- Cooking spray
- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and finely chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 limes, cut in half
- 6 corn tortillas (gluten-free)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and cook the beans in the water over low heat until heated through.
- In a medium bowl, mix the avocados, tomatoes, and sweet onions. Season with the salt.
- On a large baking sheet, arrange the tortillas in a single layer. Bake for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven. Place 1⁄2 cup of beans on each and top with the avocado mixture.
- Garnish each with cilantro and serve with a lime wedge. Serve hot.
A single serving of this recipe is a complete 1:1:1 meal. 1:1:1 You can also serve this as a bowl-meal using brown rice instead of the tortillas.
Accelerated option: Omit the tortillas and serve this over greens if you are having it for dinner.