I shared this delicious Beet & Pomegranate Salad with KOIN AM Extra for Heart Health Month. This salad is vegan, plant powered, gluten and dairy- free. When it comes to our diets, variety and balance are key. Mixing up your meals to include one plant-powered dish a day helps increase your fiber intake, which can reduce the absorption of cholesterol into your bloodstream. The chickpeas add crunch, fiber, and protein. The pomegranate arils add a pop of color and antioxidants, and the pistachios, a complete protein, and more crunch and texture to the salad. This is the perfect salad for any time of the year!
- 6 cups of chopped kale, cabbage, broccoli and Brussels
- 2 cups of steamed, peeled, sliced, and chopped beets
- 2 cups of POM Wonderful Pomegranate Arils
- 1 cup of Lightly Salted Wonderful Pistachios
- 1 cup of crunchy chickpeas
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tbsp. sumac spice
- 1/2 cup of vinaigrette of your choice
1. Dress the chopped kale, cabbage, broccoli, and Brussels with the dressing.
2. Combine each ingredient and toss salad in between.
3. Sprinkle sumac and sea salt (optional) onto the mixture, and toss. Enjoy!