Banana Bread Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups smashed bananas (about 4 to 6 bananas)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 12-muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl
- Whisk the banana, oil (or applesauce), milk, eggs, salt, and vanilla in a large measuring cup into a separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spook until the dry ingredients are moistened, but still lumpy. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin.
- Put the muffins in the oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin to check if it is done. If it comes out clean, your muffins are ready to come out of the oven. Cool muffins in the pan on a rack for a few minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!