I recently shared some of my favorite family recipes with one of my dearest clients, and Fattoush made the cut! This salad pairs perfectly with any protein for a complete 1:1:1 Meal. It is light, refreshing, and great for Summer!
- 5 cups iceberg or romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 ½ cups diced cucumber, you can use English or Persian cucumbers.
- ½ cup diced medium red onion
- ½ cup sliced radish
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2-3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, about ½ lemon
- 2-3 tbsp unrefined cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground sumac
- ¼ tsp fine grain sea salt or to taste 1.5 cups pita chips. You can also make your own.
1.Place the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and parsley in a serving bowl.
2. In a small bowl or glass jar, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, sumac and salt. Pour over the vegetables and toss to combine.
3. When ready to serve, crumble pita chips on top and toss.