This recipe is so full of flavor! The pomegranate juice brings antioxidants and a sweet-tart flavor base, and sumac and red wine vinaigrette balance perfectly with apricot preserves and honey. This a great healthy protein side to balance other carb snacks that we typically eat while watching football. The toppings add a pop of color that make this dish insta-worthy!
- 2 cups POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- ½ cup no sugar added apricot fruit spread
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tbsp. sumac spice
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinaigrette
- 20 pieces (2 lbs.) chicken wings
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. of avocado oil
To serve (optional)
1/2 cup pomegranate arils
2 tbsp. chopped green onions
- Start with the glaze first. In a saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, and cook uncovered with a gentle boil for about 40 minutes (from the moment it starts boiling), until it’s reduced to about 1/2 cup, whisking for time to time.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with a little bit of cooking spray. Arrange the wings on the baking sheet and drizzle avocado oil on top.
- Bake between 15 to 30 minutes (depending on the size of the wings and your oven) or until golden cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and brush the wings generously on all sides with pomegranate glaze.
- Return to the oven and broil on high for about one minute, paying close attention not to burn the wings.
- Serve hot and top with chopped green onions and pomegranate arils.
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook 50 minutes
Serves 4 (5 pieces/person)