If you are looking for a sweet treat or dessert, then you will love this recipe for a Pomegranate-Pistachio Parfait Popsicle that I shared on KOIN AM Extra. Not only do they fit The 1:1:1 Diet perfectly with their balance of protein, carbohydrate, and fat, they are also colorful, and have all the goodness of frozen treat with no added sugar! 3 simple ingredients, ONE perfect popsicle. Watch the video below and get the full recipe below!
- 4 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 16 oz. POM Wonderful 100-percent pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup pistachios- ground to a pistachio butter
- ½ cup chopped pistachios to sprinkle on top before serving
- In a bowl, mix 2 cups of yogurt with 8 oz. of POM Wonderful 100-percent pomegranate juice with a spoon. Once blended, add the other 2 cups of yogurt with the remaining pomegranate juice. Mix again.
- Use a spoon to transfer the mixture to the popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- To remove popsicle, run each stick under warm water to loosen.
- To serve, dip in ground pistachio butter and sprinkle chopped pistachios on top.
- Yield: 12 popsicles