If you are looking for a sweet treat or dessert, then you will love this recipe for a Pomegranate-Pistachio Parfait Popsicle that I shared on KOIN AM Extra. Not only is this the perfect 1:1:1 dessert made with protein (Greek yogurt), carbohydrate (pomegranate juice), and fat (pistachios), it is also a colorful, healthy treat with so much goodness With NO added sugar, these popsicles are also rich in antioxidants from the pomegranate juice. Three simple ingredients and ONE perfect popsicle!
Watch the video and get the full recipe below!
- 4 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 16 oz. POM Wonderful 100-percent pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup pistachios- pulsed and ground to a pistachio butter
- ½ cup pistachios (crushed or pulsed in a blender) to sprinkle on top popsicle.
- In a bowl, mix 2 cups of yogurt with 8 oz. of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice with a spoon. Once blended, add the other 2 cups of yogurt with the remaining pomegranate juice. Mix again.
- Use a spoon to transfer the mixture to the popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- To remove popsicle, run each stick under warm water to loosen.
- To serve, dip in ground pistachio butter and sprinkle chopped pistachios on top of popsicle.
- Yield: 12 popsicles