Grilling fruit is a great way to bring out the natural sweetness and slightly caramelize fruit. This Summer Salad with Grilled peaches is delicious and refreshing. Full of color and flavor, this salad pairs perfectly with any protein.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large, firm peaches, halved,
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 6 cups of baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- 3/4-ounce Parmesan-Reggiano cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- Balsamic vinaigrette of your choice
To make the grilled peaches: If you don’t have a grill, you can also use an indoor grill pan
- Spray your grilling pan with avocado oil spray.
- Whisk together avocado oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Brush peaches evenly with a small amount of the dressing (about 1 teaspoon total).
- Place peaches on a grill pan, cut side down over direct heat over the burner turned to medium-high) until the fruit has developed grill marks and started to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Brush the tops of the peaches with oil, turn over and continue cooking, another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Combine arugula in a medium bowl. Toss in dressing to coat. Arrange on a platter, and top with peaches, blackberries, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and cheese.