Refreshing and delicious, this tropical mango smoothie comes with an inflammation fighting boost from the turmeric- a spice that you commonly see used in curry dishes. Turmeric is also great in salad dressings and marinades. Smoothies are great as a sweet snack or if you prefer something quick and easy in the morning, it fits the bill for breakfast as well. Balanced with protein, carbohydrate, and fat, this smoothie fits The 1:1:1 Diet Perfectly.
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen mango chunks. Using frozen fruit helps with the consistency of the smoothie. If you are using fresh fruit, then add 1 cup of crushed ice when blending.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple. This adds natural sweetness to the smoothie
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut flakes- great to enhance the tropical flavors and adds fat to the smoothie. You can also sprinkle some of the flakes on top of the fully blended smoothie.
- ½ teaspoon of ground Turmeric: I used half a teaspoon ground turmeric powder. If you can get your hands on fresh turmeric root, I would suggest using ¼ teaspoon grated fresh turmeric.
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut water.
- 2 cups of milk or non-dairy beverage. This adds protein.
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy. Serves 3. This is a complete 1:1:1 Breakfast or Snack.